Paul is the founder and owner of Prescriptive Fitness and a veteran of the fitness training industry since 1993. He was just named ONE OF THE TOP 50 FITNESS PROFESSIONALS IN AMERICA by MensHealth Magazine and one of the TOP 55 FITNESS INFLUENCERS ON INSTAGRAM WORLDWIDE (click HERE for MensHealth Magazine article)He is a former scholarship athlete and All-Atlantic Coast Conference (ACC) selection in track and field as well as a former National and World ranked Professional Duathlete. Paul holds a BS in Exercise and Sports Science from Wake Forest University and is certified by the National Strength and Conditioning Association as a Strength and Conditioning Specialist (CSCS) and by the American College of Sports Medicine as a Certified Exercise Physiologist (EP-C). He is also certified as a TRX trainer, the world leader in functional training.
Paul is a leading authority on weight loss, cardiovascular training, and strength conditioning. His pedigree as a national class collegiate distance runner and a world-class professional Duathlete combined with his vast knowledge of exercise physiology has made him a highly sought after strength conditioning and sports performance expert. Paul has contributed to many articles for Men’s Fitness Magazine and was the fitness expert for Charlotte Parent Magazine’s Fit Family Challenge and has appeared on NBC’s Charlotte Today Show.
Paul is a dedicated, lifelong student of health and fitness and has combined his vast experience in athletics, academics, and life and created training philosophies and methodologies that produce results. Paul has worked with individuals ranging from successful business executives and moms to NFL players. His client list has included Dino Gaudio (former Wake Forest Head Basketball Coach), Sean Gilbert (former #3 overall NFL draft choice) Senegalese Wrestling Champion Modou Lo, Tyler Brayton (former 1st round NFL draft pick, 9 years starting NFL defensive end) and Sarah Brayton , NCAA Final Four Referee Jamie Luckie, and 18 year veteran and 2 time NCAA and NBA Champion Nazr Mohammed.
Paul only accepts a select number of clients that are committed to making change and improving performance. His sessions rates are higher than the standard rates for his staff and begin at $100 per hour.
Personal Racing Records:
3000m Steeplechase 8:58
Half Marathon 1:14
- Silver Medal USA Professional Duathlon National Championships 2000
- #2 Ranked USA Professional Duathlete 2000
- #25 World Professional Duathlon Ranking 2000
- Three-time Team USA Duathlon World Championship Team Member
- Gold Medal 40k Cycling Time Trial 2000 NC State Games
- Top American 1997 Professional World Duathlon Championships Guernica, Spain
- Bronze Medal Age Group World Duathlon Championships 1996 Ferrara, Italy
- Two Time Winner and course record holder NYC Biathlon
- 1996 Inside Triathlon Magazine Duathlete All-American
- All-Atlantic Coast Conference selection 3000m Steeplechase 1993